For General Information
Apprentices in the forwarding and logistics industry plan and organise transport solutions so that goods from all over the world get from A to B safely, on time and cost-effectively.
They are familiar with the economic conditions in the countries of origin and destination, the international customs regulations and the import and export regulations in Switzerland.
Typical work situations
- Receive and process international enquiries from customers
- Advise customers and prepare offers
- Record, plan and organise transport orders
- Carrying out feasibility checks and evaluating means of transport
- Draw up transport documents
- Securing transport insurance and pre-financing
- Carry out cost control and invoicing